Saturday, October 25, 2014

Review: Murder Most Frothy by Cleo Coyle


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Berkley

Release Date
August 2006





Clare Cosi is asked to help millionaire David Mintzer set up his new restaurant in the Hamptons. She takes a break from her New York City coffeehouse, grabs her daughter and her ex-mother-in-law and heads to the Hamptons for a little bit of a summer vacation mixed in with a little bit of work.

At David’s 4th of July gala, Clare is running the coffee bar but things take a deadly turn. An employee is murdered and Clare is convinced David is the real target. No one heard or saw anything, thanks to the fireworks in the background. David doesn’t think he’s in any danger, but Clare isn’t so sure and is determined to protect her new friend.

This is the fourth book in the series. It’s been awhile since I read the third book. I was so happy to find that these are on audio so I can listen during my commute to work. It made for a great diversion in the middle of traffic.

As always, Clare is a wonderful, strong main character. I adore her and it was nice to see her out of her usual New York City territory. It was also fun to have appearances by her ex-husband, ex-mother-in-law and, of course, her daughter. The mystery took a few twists and turns along the way and perfect for mystery lovers. Can’t wait to listen to the next one.



For reading challenges:
2014 I Love Library Books Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I borrowed the audio version from the library. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Clare does sound like an engaging character. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read a Coyle book. They always sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a perfect book to listen to if one must commute. Usually I still prefer paperback versions but any Cleo Coyle book is a treat and escape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only read the first one in the series and for some reason never went back. I'll definitely have to fix that. I like the sounds of Clare and how can I pass up anything that involves a coffee house? Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.