Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review: When First They Met by Debbie Macomber


Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Ballantine Books

Release Date:
June 2012






Love and romance can happen anywhere, but Jo Marie never expects to discover it at a Seattle Seahawks’ game. When she meets Paul, it’s love at first sight as they get to know each other and continue getting to know each other once they leave the stadium.

However, Jo Marie isn’t ready to give her heart completely to Paul. He’s in the military and will be shipping out soon. She’s not sure a long distance relationship can survive.

This is a short story which introduces characters in Debbie Macomber’s new series, “Rose Harbor”. I’ve been wanting to read this series for a long time since I loved her Cedar Cove series and this one features characters from that series as well. It’s not a continuation of the series, readers just get to catch a glimpse of old friends.

This is a sweet romance that can be read quickly. It’s enjoyable, although I’m ready for more and a longer story. I can see this is going to be an addicting series.



For reading challenges:
2014 Just For Fun Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I purchased this one for my Kindle library. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.







4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this story, Yvonne. I am not sure I've read any of this author's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a few of her books but none of the Cedar Cove or Rose Harbor series. Both look great and I like the idea of a prequel to give you a little more insight to the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first two Rose Harbor books; I just need to read them. The football game meet is cute, I like it.

    Have a good week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.