Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - October 29th



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This one looks really good and is already on my wishlist...




Synopsis from Goodreads:

For fans of Anne Canadeo comes a fun and sassy cozy mystery in which one woman must solve the murder of a book group member and untangle a web of secrets hidden by her bookish cohorts.

Hazel Rose never dreamed that the murder mystery book group she and her friend Carlene started would stage a "real "murder.
Nevertheless, on the night when the normally composed Carlene seems unusually angry and rattled, during group discussion she dies after drinking cyanide-spiked tea. Despite a suicide note, Hazel is skeptical; Carlene never seemed suicidal--why else would she make all those plans for her future?

Incidentally, Carlene was married to Hazel's ex-husband, and Hazel has always suspected there might be something more to her past than she let on.

How much does anyone really know about Carlene Arness? And did she die by her own hand or someone else's? Hazel begins a search for the truth that produces no shortage of motives, as she unearths a past that Carlene took great pains to hide. And most of those motives belong to the members of her very own book group...

Featuring memorable characters and a wicked sense of humor, "Murder at the Book Group" shows the darker side of a book club where reading isn't about pleasure--it's about payback.

Publisher: Pocket Books
Release Date: December 2014

9 comments:

  1. Sounds good and I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds right up my alley. I'm putting it on my list.

    My WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/10/waiting-on-wednesday-forgers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this one around before! It sounds like a pretty good read, honestly. A little silly with a good dose of mystery! I hope you love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, like the cover! Has an illustrated feel to it. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, this one sounds good! I love anything centering around book clubs, and secrets from the past always pique my interest.

    Gorgeous colors in the cover, too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “THE NIGHTINGALE”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover and I've really been craving more cozies lately...must be that time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one but I hadn't seen the cover! Love it! This meme is rough on my TBR so I'm glad to see one I already have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a good cozy to read, perhaps with your book club. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.