Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - October 7th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...


"I look like Fred the Funky Chicken's mother," Rebecca said. And because she was so kind, she immediately added,"And it's not that I don't like bright yellow chickens..." Her voice trailed off.

"You just don't want to look like a giant version of Owen's favorite catnip treat on your wedding day," I finished. Owen was one of my two cats. Rebecca, whose house backed on mine, kept him supplied with catnip chickens, which he loved, much to the annoyance of his brother, Hercules, who didn't get the attraction of catnip or neon yellow chickens.


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

19 comments:

  1. I like Sofie Kelly and a good cozy. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a cute cover! hope you'll enjoy it. thanks for sharing, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about this one. I'd have to be a in the right mood.
    Today I'm featuring Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cozies are irrisistable for me. This sounds quirky and fun and the cover is enchanting:)
    Here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/07/teaser-tuesdays-84-the-death-of-death/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a cute one...great cover, too. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE BOOKSELLER”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cozies and this seems like the right season for this one.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT - Who's Afraid of a Little Kitty Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love how the cozy mysteries have such cute plays on words on their titles. Great choice!
    Check out my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of A Midwinter's Tail! Great teasers, and love the cover too :) Thanks for sharing!

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like this could be a fun escape. I always enjoy cozy mysteries. My Tuesday post features SAVING SHELBY SUMMERS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This does sound cute, even though I'm a dog person ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a clever cozy with a cute title. I hope you enjoy it, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny. I would keep reading. Love the cover (books and cats!) and the intro got a chuckle out of me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one seems like fun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cute cover and a good cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds very cute, I hope you're enjoying it!
    Here's My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it and actually got the audio downloaded of this one -- enjoy Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.