Sunday, November 26, 2017

Review: A Bella Flora Christmas by Wendy Wax


Genre:
Women’s Fiction

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Intermix

Release Date:
November 7, 2017






Synopsis from Goodreads:

A TEN BEACH ROAD NOVELLA

The ladies of Ten Beach Road are home for the holidays in this brand-new novella.

Although their lives have changed since their first desperate renovation of Bella Flora, friends Madeline, Avery, and Nicole have always been there for each other. Now they're returning to Bella Flora for Christmas—where Maddie’s daughter Kyra isn’t feeling particularly celebratory.

Kyra was hoping for a peaceful holiday at Bella Flora—a last gathering before a wealthy, mystery tenant moves into the home she’s been forced to rent out. Instead, she must make a life altering decision by New Year’s -- a decision that becomes even more difficult when unexpected guests arrive at Ten Beach Road on Christmas Eve. Now Kyra, Maddie, Avery and Nikki will need to pull together to secure Bella Flora’s future, as well as their own.

Includes an excerpt from Best Thing Ever

My Review

This Christmas is a tough one for Kyra. She’s not only in danger of losing her beloved home, Bella Flora, but she is being pressured to make a decision that could change the future for her and her son.  She must decide before the end of the year, which is right around the corner.

I’ve been wanting to read the Ten Beach Road series for the longest time, but haven’t had a chance. When I saw this Christmas novella, I thought it would give me a nice taste of the series until I can read them all.

While it’s a great introduction to the characters and the history is explained throughout the short book, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I read this series in order. It almost felt as if I was reading an excerpt from the middle of a book, which I guess I was since this is a novella and #5.5.

Although the storylines and characters were a bit foreign to me, I could tell immediately that this is the sort of series I’d love. It’s written well, fast-paced with realistic characters. In this short space, I came to care about Kyra and her son. I definitely want to know where their storyline goes, as well as find out what has already occurred.

I’m going to make it a point to check out this series in the next few months, starting with the first book. I already know it’s a series I can get totally involved in.




FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I've loved all the books in this series so far, and have this novella waiting. I like that the characters come along on each outing...even though I don't particularly like some of them.

    Kyra is my least favorite...spoiled? Entitled? LOL

    I hope you do enjoy the other books, too. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not been able to get to any of her books so far. They all sound delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of her books. I love the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the series but I've been really wanting to and had the same thought you did about this being a good place to start. It sounds like while this was okay as an intro I should probably start with the first book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.