Thursday, November 23, 2017

Review: Taking Shots by Toni Aleo


Genre:
Romance

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Tantor Media

Release Date:
December 13, 2013








Synopsis from Goodreads:

No matter how hard she tries, Elleanor Fisher never thinks she's good enough, from her job to her weight to her love life. After enduring years of abuse at the hands of an ex-boyfriend, Elli has been drifting through life in a daze. Until, that is, she meets Shea Adler on a promotional shoot for the NHL's Nashville Assassins. Before Elli knows what's happening, the gorgeous Shea breaks the ice and shatters her world.

A brilliant athlete inside the rink, Shea Adler is tired of the life he's living outside of it: the women, the money, the drinking. But everything changes when he meets Elli. After laying eyes on this feisty, witty, beautiful woman, he feels like he's just taken the hardest hit of his life. No matter how skeptical she is, Shea knows they are meant to be together—if only he can convince Elli to put her insecurities aside before she misses out on a shot at love.

My Review

Elleanor Fisher is a huge fan of the Nashville Assassins hockey team. She, also, has a huge crush on their main star, the hot Shea Adler. Her home is decorated with his memorabilia and she even named her dog after him. As a photographer she is hired to take promotional photos of the team which leads to her comimg face to face with Shea. They are taken with each other immediately. Their relationship takes off in a way she never thought possible, especially with her low self-esteem issues. Not to mention she doesn’t want to appear like a stalker fan to Shea.

Shea Adler wants more than to be a superstar hockey player. He wants a real relationship with a woman. When he meets Elleanor, he knows he has finally met the woman he is meant to spend the rest of his life with. Now, he just needs to convince her.

This book starts out fun, but there were times Elleanor drove me nuts. I could understand and sympathize with her insecurities and low self-esteem, but sometimes she was over-the-top about it. She also had a tendency to keep quite a few secrets from Shea and not talk things through.

Still, maybe it’s my love of sports romance stories, but it’s a good story and I ended up enjoying it. I listened to this on audio and the narrator did very well with it. She brought the characters to life. This is the first book in the series and I do want to listen to the rest of it.





Disclosure: I borrowed the audio from my library. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.