Saturday, October 13, 2018

Review: Lies by T.M. Logan




Genre:
Thriller, Suspense

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
St. Martin’s Press

Release Date:
September 11, 2018








Synopsis from Goodreads:

What if you have the perfect life, the perfect wife and the perfect child—then, in one shattering moment, you discover nothing is as it seems? Now you are in the sights of a ruthless killer determined to destroy everything you treasure.

It’s the evening drive home from work on a route Joe Lynch has taken a hundred times with his young son. But today, Joe sees his wife meet another man—an encounter that will rip two families apart. Raising the question: Can we ever really trust those closest to us?

Joe will do whatever it takes to protect his family, but as the deception unravels, so does his life. A life played out without any rules. And a cunning opponent who’s always one step ahead.

My Review

During a normal drive home with his young son, Joe Lynch’s life suddenly comes crashing down on him. He spots his wife with another man. Joe can’t believe he’s eyes, but it soon becomes apparent that everything he ever believed in is nothing more than lies.

Things quickly unravel for Joe as his perfect family life is completely ripped apart. He is challenged every step of he way. All he know is that he will do whatever it takes to protect his son.

This book grabbed me from the first page. I didn’t want to put this one down. It was like a bag of potato chips - I just wanted to read one more chapter. I couldn’t stop at one more, though. This is exciting, edge-of-your-seat reading.

I don’t want to give too much away but this book shows you how things aren’t always as they seem. I thought I figured it all out before the end, but I was off. I had part of it, but I didn’t have the whole puzzle put together. When I got to the end, I was stunned by the big reveal.

The characters literally jump off the pages in this fast-paced thriller. The excitement never slowed down. I will be looking for more books by this author.



FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.