Thursday, September 15, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - September 16th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm hoping to read this soon. The excerpts are from the
 E-ARC.





First Chapter

"Abbey? Abbey Chandler? Is that really you?"

The woman who'd stopped in front of me, mouth open, eyes bulging, shouting my name, had recognized me. Darn it. My escape into anonymity wasn't off to such a hot start.

From 56% on my e-reader...

Earlene hadn't returned my many phone calls and it seemed unlikely that she intended to do so, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to try again so I did.



Synopsis from Goodreads...

Abbey Chandler needs a new start and a place to escape, so Hideaway Grove, where she spent her childhood summers, seems like a perfect choice. Once there, she takes up a rewarding new hobby—but also gets tangled up in a hit-and-run homicide . . .

Abbey has barely arrived in the quaint, quiet town of Hideaway Grove before things turn from blissful to bloody—as the new librarian is mowed down by a car. The only witness on the scene isn’t much help, aside from handing Abbey the bag of books dropped by the victim. Even worse, the sheriff’s office seizes Abbey’s car because of a suspicious dent in the right front fender.

While she waits for the problem to be sorted out, Abbey is drawn into a charity sewing project—even though she can’t tell a bobbin from a seam ripper. Before she knows it, she’s graduating from pillowcase dresses to aprons, setting up a studio in a back room of her aunt’s bakery, and making plans to participate in the upcoming craft fair.

But through it all, she keeps looking for patterns and possible conflicts in the late librarian’s personal, professional, and romantic life. Then a shocking discovery sends her in a new direction, and as the truth begins to unspool, she’s got a notion about who’s guilty . . .

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. I think this sounds like a perfect book to end as summer ebbs and autumn makes and appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seams Like Murder...Cozy mysteries have the best titles. I like the quotes too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good read! I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun cozy!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks good. I love the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a great cozy and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.