Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Review: Manatee Bay Beginnings by Amy Rafferty


About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-Book

Release Date
July 22, 2022


Synopsis from Goodreads:

“You cannot shield a heart from pain forever, Annie.”

The invitation to study at the prestigious Paris Opera Ballet changes eighteen-year-old Annie Williams’ life forever.

Freshly graduated from high school and ready to put a dead-end relationship behind her, Annie is prepared to spread her wings and conquer the dancing world.

Roger Davies, kind, handsome, with a heart of gold – everything a girl her age could ever want in a boyfriend – never really swept her off her feet.

Annie’s one true love would always be ballet.

Or so she thought…

When local celebrity and rising hockey star Tom Howard crashes into her life like a meteor, everything he offers feels so right.

Tom falls for her the day he sees her float across her dance studio floor and right into his heart.

But little does Annie know, her pursuit of a lifelong dream is about to go up in smoke in the blink of an eye.

As the pain of her broken dreams and ripped-apart heart flood in waves to drown her, Annie fears she might never reach the surface after this…

Introducing the Manatee Bay series, a brand-new adventure where sun-soaked beaches, dreams, love, and courage to believe in it create bonds and memories to last a lifetime…

This is the Prequel to the Treasure Seeker Beach Romance series.

My Review

Annie Williams is about to graduate from high school and she has her whole life planned out.  First stop is Paris where she will be part of the Paris Opera Ballet.  Her future is bright.  

One of the first things she does is break off with her boyfriend.  He’s a nice enough guy, but she isn’t in love with him and wants to concentrate on her career in ballet. 

Then, she meets hockey star, Tom Howard.  The sparks more than fly when these two are together.  They plan their future but it all comes crashing down and their lives will never be the same.

This is a short prequel to the Manatee Bay series.  I got this as a freebie.  I was between books so I figured I would give it a try.  Prequels can be hit or miss, but this is definitely a hit for me.  I became so absorbed in these characters.  Usually prequels are kind of predictable but this one wasn’t.  There is a twist at the end that I didn’t see coming.  I’m really looking forward to reading more in this series.




Disclosure:  This one is from my own e-book collection. All opinions expressed are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.