Thursday, August 3, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - August 4th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm reading this one.  It's good, so far.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.







First Chapter

Prologue

2012

"Jeez, can you crank it down a notch?  I don't need the neighbours calling the Guards over your sudden love for Katy Perry at five thousand decibels. 

From 56% on my e-reader.

"We're adults," Alex insisted.  "We should behave as such."

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Five old friends. Two new partners. One big problem…

In Erin’s beachfront home in Ireland, I blink at my former best friends and laugh. Is it awkward we haven’t seen each other in ten years and nobody really knows why? Yes. So I pull out the champagne with a flourish and start blasting our old playlist. It’s a reunion weekend, after all…

But it’s not long before my determination to have fun starts to fizzle. Perhaps inviting new partners was a mistake. I’m already exhausted by Becky’s new girlfriend, and Beth’s husband is trying too hard with the compliments. No, I’m not trying out a “cool silver highlights” look. It’s a grey hair.

Still, at least the others have partners. The most exciting romantic development I can report is a quick flirt with a handsome stranger on the plane over.

Even flighty, non-committal Tara is bringing someone. But if that wasn’t surprising enough, I could never have anticipated Tara’s ‘someone’ would be the man from my flight.

If things weren’t already awkward, they certainly are now…

The weekend was meant to finally bring us all back together. But will this reunion only push us further apart?

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. Seems like a fun one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a bit awkward to me, so of course I'll be waiting for your review to find out how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first line made me laugh. It does sound interesting. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like it could be a lot of fun and I love that it's a beach book set in Ireland! As for the reunion that sounds absolutely dreadful but it's the kind of thing I enjoy reading about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.