Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Review: Home for the Challah Days by Jennifer Wilck

 


About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-ARC

Publisher
Harlequin Special Edition

Release Date
August 22, 2023


Synopsis from Goodreads:


Turning the bitterness of the past…

Into a sweet future!

When big-city advocate Sarah Abrams returns home for the High Holy Days, she’s got a lot on her mind—especially whether to marry her perfect-on-paper boyfriend. The last person she wants to encounter is Aaron Isaacson, her first love and the one who broke her heart. But after Aaron and Sarah join forces to fight an act of hate, it’s clear that their deep connection never abated. If only they could forgive one another for the past…in time for a sweet new start!

From Harlequin Special Believe in love. Overcome obstacles. Find happiness.

Holidays, Heart and Chutzpah

Book 1: Home for the Challah Days

My Review

It’s been ten years since Sarah Abrams visited her parents in New Jersey, but this year she heads home for the High Holy Holidays.  Sarah has been so busy with her career in Washington DC, as well as her boyfriend, Matthew.  In fact, Matthew recently asked her to marry him.  Sarah hasn’t been very quick to accept his proposal which not only confuses him but confuses her as well.  She thought Matthew was everything she wanted in a man, but then she went home.  When she runs into her old flame, Aaron Isaacson, Sarah’s perception totally changes.

Sarah is thrilled to get reacquainted with old friends and begins to realize her feelings for Aaron aren’t quite over just yet.  She starts to question her life in DC as well as her future.

This is a second chance romance for two flawed characters.  They each have their own issues and are determined to fight for themselves.  They are strong characters with loads of chemistry.  Of course everyone, including this reader, saw the sparks fly before Sarah and Aaron realize it.

This is a quick read and the perfect way to spend a few hours.  It did drive me a bit crazy when the characters could have solved some of their problems with a conversation, but the drama can be intense.  It’s a journey for both characters as they try to find themselves and where their lives are taking them.

I’ll have to check out more books by this author.  I enjoyed this one.

For reading challenges:

NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2023


FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read. An excellent review.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romance novels use at lot of miscommunication or no communication as part of the story. I find it frustrating at times, but it seems to be a necessary evil on the genre.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without that conflict, would there be a story? Nice review of what sounds like a very good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good. I am glad there are more Jewish themed books lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really cute though it does sound like the kind of book where I want to scream at the characters to talk to each other!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.