Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Can't Wait Wednesday - September 4th






This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.


This is the third book in the Vintage Cookbook mystery series.  I enjoyed the first two and I'm sure I'll love this one.  








Synopsis from Goodreads:

The third in the fabulous cozy mystery series with a vintage flair from USA Today bestselling and Agatha Award-winning author Ellen Byron.

Welcome to the Bon Veeevil Festival of Fear! Prepare for the spookiest night of your life . . .

It's Halloween in New Orleans, and the staff of Bon Vee Culinary House Museum is setting up a fantastic haunted house tour for their visitors. But when flashy movie star Blaine Taggart and his entourage move into the mansion next door, gift shop proprietor Ricki James-Diaz gets a fright of her own.

While Ricki is excited about the potential business the tours will bring to her vintage cookbook shop, she's less thrilled by former friend Blaine's arrival in town. Then Bon Vee's prop tomb becomes a real tomb for Blaine's nasty assistant, and suddenly everyone at Bon Vee is a murder suspect. There isn't a ghost of a chance one of them committed the crime, but with NOPD busy tackling the mischief and mayhem generated by the spooky holiday, it falls on Ricki and her friends to catch the killer.

As the Big Easy gears up for the Big Scary, it seems everyone has skeletons in their closets. Can Ricki reveal the shadowy killer before someone else becomes part of the Halloween horror show?

Publisher: Severn House
Release Date: 
September 3, 2024



What book are you waiting for?







5 comments:

  1. I really want to start this series and what a fun cover. Thanks for sharing and hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't a series I have tried yet, but it does sound good. I love a New Orleans setting! I hope you enjoy French Quarter Fright Night when you read it, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like huge fun - I always love a New Orleans setting:)). Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks good. I just took my skeleton out of the closet and put him out for Halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's plenty of places for spooky in NOLA.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.