Thursday, September 26, 2024

Review: Donor 73101 by Nancy Lynn Jarvis




About the Book


Genre
Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Good Read Mysteries

Release Date
August 15, 2024

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Aiden O’Rourke needed cash to help pay for college so he made money by selling his sperm. He was young, attractive, smart…and popular. Now many years later, his offspring are coming forward—eleven of them and counting—and connecting on a website they created called Donor73101.com.

Pat Pirard, Santa Cruz County Law Librarian turned PI, is approached by next door neighbors Tina and Robin who want to start a family. Because Tina was conceived via sperm donation, they want to be 100% certain that their baby and Tina won’t have the same father.

It doesn’t take Pat long to determine that Aiden O’Rourke was Tina’s sperm donor. It also doesn’t take her long to discovers that one by one, his offspring are being murdered. By whom and why? Well, that’s a mystery.

My Review

Private Investigator Pat Pirard and her new husband, Tim, arrive home from their honeymoon and are immediately thrown into an investigation.  Their neighbors, Tina and Robin, need their help.  They are trying to start a family using a sperm donation. Tina was conceived through one and wants to make sure her child won’t have the same father.  

Pat finds out who Tina’s sperm donor is and, also, finds out she has siblings.  In fact, they created their own website so they can learn more about each other.  Then, the siblings are murdered one by one.  Pat is determined to find out who would do such a horrible thing.

What a unique concept for a mystery!  This is the fifth book in the PIP Inc Mystery series, and I think it’s the best one yet.  This case is a true jigsaw puzzle with a wide array of suspects.  I love playing detective alongside Pat.

Nancy Lynn Jarvis gives us a diabolical plot, many potential suspects and a little romance tossed in too.  I’ve grown to love Pat and Tim.  Their characters are realistic and feel like people you might actually know in real life.  

The mystery plot is contained in this book, but I think readers will enjoy it more if they start with book #1.  It’s so important for character growth and it makes you feel as if you are revisiting old friends.

It’s an engrossing, intriguing, fast-pace book with lovable characters.  There are even pets involved - a cute Dalmation named Dot and a cuddly kitty named Whimsey.  I love every minute of this series.

For reading challenges:

Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2024



Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.