Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review: Streak of Lightning by Clare O’Donohue (A Someday Quilts Mystery)


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Plume (Penguin Group)

Release Date:
July 2013






It’s New Year’s Eve and Nell Fitzgerald has huge plans. She’s on her way to New York City to spend the holiday in the Big Apple with the love of her life, Jesse Dewalt. They have a difficult time getting the time off as Nell leaves her quilting shop, Someday Quilts, in the hands of her grandmother and Jesse leaves his police station in the capable hands of his deputy, Greg.

Just before Nell and Jesse are ready to leave, the local pizzeria owner, Joe, gets into some trouble and is locked up in jail. Jesse has no problem leaving Greg in charge, but as soon as they arrive in New York, they get a call that Joe is dead. Now, Greg is being accused of his death. Nell and Jesse have no choice but to put the holiday on hold and return home.

No way does Jesse believe Greg is responsible for this. With the help of Nell and the ladies of the Someday Quilts group, Jesse is determined to prove his deputy’s innocence.

The characters feel more like family. The story moves at a fast-pace. The story unfolded in a logical, methodical way. Readers can easily follow along.

This is the second novella in this series I’ve read and I am so hooked just from the novellas. There are five full length novels in this series and it’s another series on my “TBR” series list. I don’t know how I missed this cozy mystery series when it first came out but, from two novellas, I can tell that I would love it.



For reading challenges:
2014 ARC Reading Challenge
2014 E-Book Reading Challenge
2014 NetGalley Reading Challenge

FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. I saw this series somewhere recently and thought about adding it to my list. After your review I think I will.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.