Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday - April 30th



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I haven't done this meme in awhile, but I decided to do it this week. This is a book that I thought looked really good...




This synopsis is from Goodreads:

Kat Stanford is just days away from starting her dream antique business with her newly widowed mother Iris when she gets a huge shock. Iris has recklessly purchased a dilapidated carriage house at Honeychurch Hall, an isolated country estate located several hundred miles from London.

Yet it seems that Iris isn’t the only one with surprises at Honeychurch Hall. Behind the crumbling façade, the inhabitants of the stately mansion are a lively group of eccentrics to be sure—both upstairs and downstairs —and they all have more than their fair share of skeletons in the closet.

When the nanny goes missing, and Vera, the loyal housekeeper ends up dead in the grotto, suspicions abound. Throw in a feisty, octogenarian countess, a precocious seven year old who is obsessed with the famous fighter pilot called Biggles, and a treasure trove of antiques, and there is more than one motive for murder.

As Iris’s past comes back to haunt her, Kat realizes she hardly knows her mother at all. A when the bodies start piling up, it is up to Kat to unravel the tangled truth behind the murders at Honeychurch Hall.

Release date: May 2014
Publisher: Minotaur Books

7 comments:

  1. Yvonne,

    This sounds like a "cozy" you'll enjoy. The cover is wonderful. (I clicked on it to see if that's a cat or a dog on it....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds terrific and I'm adding it to my wish list.

    My WoW: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-girls-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be reading this in a few days! I lucked out and got a review e-copy. I had to request it; it sounded right up my alley: a British cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.