Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review: Messenger (A Walt Longmire Story)by Craig Johnson



Genre:
Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Viking Adult (Penguin Group)

Release Date:
April 2013



About the Book

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Sheriff Walt Longmire, his long-time friend Henry Standing Bear, and his undersheriff Victoria Moretti are returning from a fishing trip in the Bighorn Mountains when Walt receives a distress call from Crazy Woman Canyon. Forest service ranger Chuck Coon is in trouble. Walt, the Bear, and Vic arrive to find Coon and a young woman up a tree, so to speak. The unlikley duo are fending off three very real bears from the top of a Porta Potty and tell a mystifying story of another dangerous creature inside the “convenience.” When Walt, Henry, and Vic face the creature what they find may be a Messenger from the Camp of the Dead, with a very personal tie to Walt himself.

My Review

This is the third novella of this series that I've read and I really enjoyed it.  I love the mystical aspects of each one, plus I'm a fan of the Longmire TV series, which is what attracted my attention to this series in the first place.  There are nine full length books and 4 novellas, so far.  I only read three of the novellas.  I desperately need to catch up with this series.

I've grown to love these characters mainly from the TV show but, through these novellas, I've come to appreciate them even more.    I just wish they were longer, but then they wouldn't be novellas and it just shows I need to read the full length novels :)



For reading challenges:
2014 ARC Reading Challenge
2014 E-Book Reading Challenge
2014 NetGalley Reading Challenge
Where are you reading? challenge (Wyoming)

FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the name Crazy Woman Canyon and that they are on top of a porta potty!! I've never heard of this series, or the tv series, but am going to check and see if we get it in this area.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.