Monday, April 28, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - April 29th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm just starting to read....




Piper's phone chirped just as she picked up a six-pack of sweet gherkins. She groaned and carefully set the carton back down in the rear of her Chevy hatchback to pull out her phone. A second groan escaped when she saw the name of the caller on her display. She answered anyway.

"Yes, Scott?"

"Piper! You won't believe the amazing meal I just had."

"You called from Tibet to tell me about your dinner?"

"But you like food! You're always talking about your pickling stuff."

"Not on calls from halfway round the world. Why don't you e-mail me about it? Send me the recipe if you want. I can't really talk now, Scott. I'm in the middle of setting up at the fair."



What do you think? Would you continue reading?

16 comments:

  1. Can't say that intro grabs me, I'd definitely want to know more about the book. My teaser: The Witness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the idea of someone calling from across the world to talk about dinner....and now I'm drawn to this quirky character. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine:
    “A DESIRABLE RESIDENCE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun- wondering what the deal is between her and this Scott fellow. :) She didn't seem happy to get his call...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Greg said. LOL This does sound like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny calling to discuss his meal - 'TEXT' maybe..;)
    anyway, just the title pun gets my attention!

    enjoy! mine's teaser + Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun intro/teaser! Happy reading!!

    Here is my intro/teaser post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/04/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it could be fun - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely an interesting teaser,sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An ex? She love/hates this guy.... lol... great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is great and I would continue to read. I don't have a teaser this week but do have a author's guest post on character building. Guest Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun story. I do love cozies.
    My Teaser is from A SLIGHT CHANGE OF PLAN.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure about this one. It might just be me but I thought Piper sounded rather rude. I'd probably need to read more to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I chuckled as I read, but not sure it would hold my interest long term. Hope it turns out to be a fun read though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm hoping to start this book soon. Love the pickles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.