Monday, April 14, 2014

Spotlight: Unholy Matrimony by Peg Cochran



About the Book

Genre: Cozy Mystery, #2 in A Lucille Mystery Series
Publisher: Beyond the Page
Release Date: March 2014

I am delighted to spotlight Peg Cochran's newest book in her "A Lucille Mystery Series".  The first book in the series is Confession Is Murder.  I haven't read this series yet, but I'm planning too soon.  I have read her "A Gourmet De-Lite Mystery Series", which I loved.  I reviewed books #2 and #3 in that series, Steamed to Death and Iced to Death (click titles to read my reviews).

Check out Unholy Matrimony...it sounds wonderful.

Synopsis from Goodreads...

The hilarious Lucille Mazzarella is back and planning a wedding. But even the worst Bridezilla can’t create the wedding drama she’s about to face in this second book in the series.

Desperate to see her pregnant daughter Bernadette married before the baby comes, Lucille is engrossed in all things wedding. Nothing will distract her from planning this Mazzarella main event. Nothing, that is, except for the murder of the mother of the groom.

Just when things couldn’t possibly get any worse, Lucille is named as the prime suspect, and it’s a race against time as she and her best friend Flo struggle with shady financial dealings, a family that isn’t at all what it seems, a groom that might not be all man, and a little bundle of joy that might make an appearance before the mother can say I do.



Excerpt

Flo got into the driver’s seat and reached for a small black box attached to the window with a suction cup.

“This here’s my GPS.” She powered it on and began pushing buttons. “If you get a new car, one of these will probably be built right into your dash.”

Lucille grunted. “I don’t want a new car. The Olds is fine. She can still get up to speed as fast as she used to.”

Flo gave Lucille a quick sideways glance. “I’d think you’d want something new.”

Lucille shook her head. She didn’t like change—she’d had the same house, the same husband, the same hairdo and a lot of the same clothes for years now. She found comfort in knowing what to expect.

Flo turned the key and the Mustang came to life with a low growl. “Ready?”

“As I’ll ever be.” Lucille grabbed for the door handle as Flo turned out of the parking lot, tires squealing.

“Turn left,” came the disembodied voice from the GPS.

“She talks funny,” Lucille said, closing her eyes as Flo turned left in front of a tractor trailer that was a little too close for Lucille’s comfort.

“She’s English,” Flo said following the directions to make a left turn at the light. “Real classy don’t you think.”

“Sure.”

Lucille wasn’t sure she’d want someone talking to her in her car who was classier than she was.

“Turn right,” said the disembodied voice.

“She sounds awfully stuck up.”

Flo grunted. “Shit, I missed the turn.”

“Recalculating,” said the voice with a hint of disapproval in its tone.

Flo quickly turned around in a store parking lot and headed back to make the missed turn. Traffic was heavy, and she couldn’t get into the left lane fast enough.

“Recalculating,” admonished the GPS.

Flo managed to find a place to turn around again, and in her haste to make the correct turn this time around, turned one street too soon.

“Recalculating,” sniped the GPS.

“Oh, shut up,” Flo said as she grabbed the GPS from its perch on the windshield, rolled down her window and heaved it out. “Bitch,” she yelled after it.

Author Bio

Peg grew up in a New Jersey suburb about 25 miles outside of New York City. After her first husband died, Peg remarried and her new husband took a job in Grand Rapids, Michigan where they now live (on exile from NJ as she likes to joke).

She has two cozy mystery series out now from Berkley Prime Crime— the Sweet Nothings Vintage Lingerie series, written as Meg London, and the Gourmet De-Lite series, under her own name. She will also be writing the Cranberry Cove Mystery Series which will debut in 2015.

Peg’s Lucille Series is published by Beyond the Page Publishing. Both Confession Is Murder and the sequel, Unholy Matrimony, are available for all e-book readers. She is working on the third book in the series now.

You can read more about Peg and her books at www.pegcochran.com.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read. I definitely want to learn more about "a groom that might not be all man"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to read this! (And not just because I share a given name with the main character!) :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This doe sound like a fun cozy mystery series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, I completley sympathize with her annoyance with the GPS. I sometimes tell mien to shut up. :D I;ll have to keeo an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.