Thursday, May 1, 2014

Clean Sweep ARC Challenge-May Goals

Clean Sweep ARC Challenge May 2014



With all the ARCs I have from authors, publishers, NetGalley, and Edelweiss, I need this challenge desperately. I will post my goals on May 1st, but here's the details about the challenge...

Are your ARC’s stacking up? Have published dates come and gone? Are you feeling like you need to get those piles under control?  Are you avoiding NetGalley and Edelweiss? Or maybe you want to get ahead of your summer ARCS to make  time for the beach? If you answered yes to any of these questions then I invite you to join me and my lovely co-host Angie @ Angela’s Anxious Life to make a Clean Sweep in the May with our month long Clean Sweep ARC Challenge. To help motivate you we will be giving one lucky participant a new 2014 release of their choice. You can earn entry points for each ARC you read and by joining in the fun. See rules below, link up, grab the button and get ready to clean up those ARCS!!! If you would like to host a challenge, please email us.

Clean Sweep ARC Challenge 2014
Clean Sweep ARC Challenge May 1 through May 31
Rules
  • Link-up and add button to your blog
  • Arc must be read between May 1st and May 31st, 2014
  • Challenge starts and ends at midnight in your local time zone
  • All ARCS/finished copies that were provided by publisher/author are eligible. They can be in any format (eBook, physical, audio)
  • Post start up post with goals.(can be posted during event)
  • Tweet using hashtag #CleanSweepARC
  • You do not have to post review on blog during the month of May. Just provide a link to Goodreads showing read May 1 to 31st with a two sentence review.
  • Twitter Party Wednesday May 14th 7pm (EST) #CleanSweepARC
  • Participate in challenges
  • The Participant Giveaway will include entries for each linked book read, posting about challenge, start up/results post (can be combined), having button on your sidebar, participation in Twitter party, entering challenges and for following hosts.
  • Grand Prize- One winner will receive a new release of their choice (can be audible, novel or gift card) valued at up to 20.00 US dollars. Open internationally.
  • Challenge Schedule and entry form will post on May 1st and participant giveaway will close on June 3 at 11:59 (CST)

If you'd like to join, sign up here.

Here are my goals:

Must be read in May:

Hanging By A Hair by Nancy J. Cohen
Quality Snacks by Andy Mozina
Murder is Academic by Lesley A. Diehl

Would also like to read (given to me by authors/publishers/publicists or through NetGalley/Edelweiss):

Load the Boat by Rosalee Richland
Murder ala Christie by Marilyn Levinson
Double Shot by Cindy Blackburn
Murder at Honeychurch Hall by Hannah Dennison
Guidebook to Murder by Lynn Cahoon
Garage Sale Stalker by Suzi Weinert
The Yankee Way by Willie Randolph

Okay...I hope I can at least accomplish half of my list (and, who knows, maybe add a few others languishing in my TBR).




9 comments:

  1. Do you only have 10 ARCs to get through? Or is that just your goal for May? Because now I feel even more guilty about my 100+ ARCs sitting here, unread and unreviewed. Maybe I should do this challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...no I have way more than 10 ARCs to get through. I'm in the 100+ range, too, but this challenge is just for May and 10 ARCs are closer to what I can read in that time frame.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck, Yvonne! I just started Murder at Honeychurch Hall; so far, it's pretty good, but I'm only a few chapters in. Enjoy Guidebook to Murder; that one was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! I think that you have the perfect amount of ARCs to read this month. You should be able to get through all of them. I am so glad you are joining us. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing list of books Yvonne..now go kick it's ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea! Enjoy this challenge, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems a reasonable amount. I see we have some books in common on our list. :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list of books Yvonne! You are going to do great and make a dent in those ARC's. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yvonne! You won the $10 Amazon Gift Card in the first week ARC host challenge on Gin's Book Notes! I am sending you an email! Thanks for participating in the challenge and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.