Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - May 27th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...



Melanie and I clung to each other for dear life. Neither of us thought it would end like this.

"You've been a sister to me," Melanie cried as she tightened her arms around my neck.

"Likewise," I replied, choking on a sob.

"I'm sorry for all the catfights, Veronica. All those times I slapped you."

"All those times I pulled your hair."

"And I scratched your face."

"It's all right," I said as I dabbed at the tears in my eyes with a tissue. "They were scripted, you know."


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

15 comments:

  1. I'd read more. I've never read a Veronica Walsh mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how friends are with each other! I would go on!


    Here is my intro post from Sufficient Ransom by Sylvia Sarno .

    And

    Here is my teaser post from Night Fish by Kristine Ong Muslim .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an intro that drew me in quick --I'd keep reading. Enjoy Yvonne and thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm captivated by the dialogue....now I do want to read more. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN”


    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd read a little more to see what happens and then decide from there weather to go on our not. LOL. thanks for sharing!!

    trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good fun, and the conversation is witty and fast paced, I would read more. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They were scripted? I'd keep reading. Came see my teasers for The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu and The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could go for a good cozy... would keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm wondering why they're in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm curious and the title is great too. enjoy your book. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed that dialogue, It sound like a cozy read, made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What was scripted I wonder..... great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a fun read. I would keep reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd keep reading. It sounds like a great read and I want to know what's happening and what was scripted!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.