Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - May 20th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week, I'm reading...



The glassy bubble of a full moon bobbed merrily up the California coast, its shining image rippling across the evening tide. Carefree and giddy, the bewitching orb frolicked above the shoreline's rocky outcroppings, skirted the east side of the Farallon islands, and bounced softly through the looping lines of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Inside the bay, the moon's glowing marble rolled along the outer edge of San Francisco's waterfront, past a line of darkened and abandoned piers, until it reached a compact collection of apartment buildings fringing the financial district. The bulk of the glimmering mass hovered in place while a white shaft of light zoomed inland over the hard green surface of a tennis court to cut a twinkling path up through the empty streets of Jackson Square.


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

19 comments:

  1. Very atmospheric. Great descriptions. I would go on.....

    Here is my Intro post!

    AND

    Here is my teaser post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic beginning! I could easily picture the scene in my mind :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that intro a lot! Keep reading. Thanks for joining in this week Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can certainly picture that moon! I'd keep reading... hope you're enjoying this book:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful intro. I would keep reading. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The San Francisco Bay is beautiful and I love this description of the moon as 'giddy'. Somehow it really fits! I wonder how the cat is involved though! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you enjoy it!
    My Intro
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the intro too. Very descriptive. Can't you just see the moon rolling along the horizon? I am reading a cat mystery this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats and moonlight... a pretty good combination. That's a great intro and makes me curious for more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the writing and would read on!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very visual intro. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the description of the moon bobbing on the water. great opening paragraph. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fine writing, I really enjoy descriptive writing written in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the setting. Brings back good memories of several trips to San Francisco and walking along the Embarcadero and Fisherman's Wharf very early in the morning.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/05/first-chapter-first-paragraph-61.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had me at the setting...I love books set in SF...and what a cute cover, too. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “EYES ON YOU”

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good intro -- very atmospheric -- but I was not all that impressed by the first book in this series and have the second in Mount TBR for years now. My teaser: Night Diver by Elizabeth Lowell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite descriptive! I would keep reading based on that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There's a Jackson Square where I live.. lol... that title had me laughing too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. well the title is a great tease but I'm not really a cat person. enjoy your book and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.