Friday, November 28, 2014

2015 Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge



I loved doing this challenge in 2014, even if I didn't complete it.  I'm definitely signing up again for 2015.  This challenge is hosted by Lori at Escape with Dollycas.  Here are the details...

This challenge will run from January 1st, 2014 until December 31st, 2014.

You can join anytime. You do not have to review the book. Books can come from any genre.

You do not need to link up each spoonful.



Crossovers to other challenges are allowed and encouraged!
 
It’s an alphabet challenge!!! The challenge is to read one book that has a title starting with every letter of the alphabet.

You can drop the A’s and The’s from the book titles as shown below. For those pesky Q, X AND Z titles the word with the challenge letter can be anywhere in the title.


So there are two different ways you can set up your own A-Z Reading Challenge.

A – How I plan to do it: Make a list on your blog from A-Z. Throughout the year, as you go along, add the books you are reading to the list. Towards the end of the year, you can check and see which letters you are missing and find books to fit.

OR

B – Make a list now of 26 books, picking one for each letter of the alphabet. For example: A – All the President’s Menus by Julie Hyzy  B- Bushel Full of Murder by Paige Shelton  C – Criminal Confections by Collette London  D – Dark Chocolate Demise by Jenn McKinlay etc.
Books can be read in any order and all formats – print – e-book – audio – are acceptable for this challenge!
  
My plan is to do A.  I will list my books here as I read them...

A - All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner (Click here for review.)

B - Borrowed Crime by Laurie Cass (Click here to read my review.)

C - Community Affairs by Michele Lynn Seigfried (Click here to read my review.)

D - Death by Didgeridoo by Barbara Venkataraman (Click here for review.)

E

F - Fry Another Day by J.J. Cook (Click here for review.)

G - Gooseberry Island by Steven Manchester (Click here to read review.)

H

I

J

K - A Killer Retreat by Tracy Weber (Click here to read my review.)

L

M - Murder in the Arboretum by Christa Nardi (Click here to read my review.)

N - The New Year's Wish by Dani-Lyn Alexander (Click here to read my review.)

O

P - Peril By Ponytail by Nancy J. Cohen (Click here to read my review.)

Q

R - Romeow and Julie by Kathi Daley (Click here to read my review.)

S - Snow Way Out by Christine Husom (Click here to read my review.)

T - Threads of Deceit by Mae Fox and Jan Fields (Click here to read my review.)

U - Unbelievable by Cindy Blackburn (Click here to read my review.)

V

W - Words With Fiends by Ali Brandon (Click here to read my review.)

X

Y - Yarned and Dangerous by Sadie Hartwell (Click here to read my review.)

Z

2 comments:

  1. I like that Lori doesn't make this difficult to do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun! I'm trying to figure out what challenges I want to do next year and this sounds like a great one! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.