Saturday, November 22, 2014

Review: The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom




Genre: Fiction, Mystery

Format: Audio

Publisher:
Harper Audio

Release Date:
November 2013



Several people in the small town of Coldwater, Michigan receive phone calls from people in their lives who have passed away. These calls claim to be straight from heaven and they want everyone to know that there is a heaven. The town is torn in half when some believe and others think it’s all one big, cruel hoax. The news goes nationwide.

A widower, Sully Harding, vows to find out what’s happening. His young son is sitting by the phone waiting for a call from his dead mother. Sully’s heart is breaking. It becomes more than a little personal for him.

I found this to be a very interesting premise and had my interest right from the start. I wasn’t sure what direction this story would go but I found it totally captivating. I listened to this one on audio and it was narrated by the author. He did a great job with it. Mitch Albom usually can be counted for an emotional book and this one is no exception.




Disclosure: I borrowed the audio from the library. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. This must be great as an audiobook! I'm glad the author did a great job as narrator, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Tuesday's with Morrie years ago but haven't read anything else by him. This sounds like it'd be interesting if emotional. Glad to hear the audio worked for you. I will have to look for that version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read any of Albom's books, but I keep meaning to. The premise of this one sounds so good. I'm glad you enjoyed the audio narration; when authors are good readers, it's always great to hear them read their own work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.