Saturday, November 8, 2014

Review: 12th of Never by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro


Genre:
Mystery, Thriller

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Hachette

Release Date:
April 2013







As usual with this series, there is more than one mystery happening. This time we have a professor who seems to be psychic and predicting murders right down to the last detail. The police do not believe him. When the murders come true, they wonder if he’s actually the killer or if he really is psychic.

We have a football star accused of murder, as well as, a body that goes missing from the morgue. As the Medical Examiner, Claire gets the blame for that one even if it’s not her fault. There’s, also, Yuki’s case of a father being accused of killing his wife and daughter. When the daughter shows up very much alive, Yuki has a difficult time proving the man is guilty of any crime.

This is the 12th book in the Women’s Murder Club. I listened to the audio version of it. I’m finding the more that I listen to this series, the more I care about the regular series characters than I do the actual mystery storylines.

Lindsay Boxer has her baby, but Lindsay gets devastating news. Yet, she has to keep on working and doing her job at the same time. Cindy realizes she’s more interested in a career than settling down and marrying Rich. Claire is fighting to keep her job as she’s accused of negligence. Yuki continues to grow romantically closer to Lindsay’s boss.

I still love these characters and I’m listening to #13 as I type this. As I said, I find myself more interested in catching up with the characters than the actual storyline. The storylines are starting to feel the same with each book, which often happens with long running series. I just want to know what happens to Lindsay, Claire, Yuki and Cindy.



For reading challenges:
2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I borrowed the audio book from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I'm several books behind but like you, I find a sameness to the mysteries. It's the characters that keep me reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying this series, Yvonne. It does sound like you are listening because of the characters. I am that way about certain TV series that I watch--it's mostly due to the characters. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.