Saturday, November 15, 2014

Review: Unlucky 13 by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro


Genre:
Mystery, Thriller, Suspense

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Blackstone Audiobooks

Release Date:
May 2014







The 13th book in the Women’s Murder Club picks up where the 12th book left off. Serial killer Mackie Morales is still on the loose and this time she wants revenge against Lindsay Boxer.

I thought this one was better than the previous couple of books. There was quite a bit of heart-stopping action as Lindsay and the police race against the clock to stop a killer. Lindsay, and her friends, are in danger and the stakes are really high this time.

Yuki is getting married, while Cindy is still recovering from a broken heart.  Not to mention that getting the story is still the most important thing to Cindy.  In fact, she puts her life on the line for it.

I loved catching up with the women of the murder club and seeing where their lives were taking them. It’s fun listening to this series on audio. On one hand I hope this series continues so I can keep track of these great characters, but on the other hand, I do think this series has run out of steam. Although I enjoyed this one more than the last couple, they do still seem very similar to each other. Of course that won’t stop me from getting #14 when it’s released.



For reading challenges:
2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge

Disclosure: I borrowed the audio from the library. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.