Monday, November 3, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - November 4th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...



It all started when Mary Louise decided we needed to exercise. We are five close friends, who've all managed to stay fit over the years. Still, when we moved into our fifties, we knew we had to watch what we ate and become more active.

We considered all the ways there are to exercise. What we really loved was dancing, especially tap dancing, so we took a class and worked out some routines. Before long, we were asked to perform at a local senior center...and then at a community service luncheon...and one gig led to another. Pretty soon the word was out about the fabulous five fifty-somethings with the high kicks, smooth moves, and bright smiles. Our video on You Tube got hundreds of hits.


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

17 comments:

  1. Your titles are always so fun. This has a good intro so I would read more. enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read! I like the cover, too, so I would continue with this one!
    Today I'm featuring Sing In The Morning, Cry At Night by Barbara J. Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun group and yes I would continue to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delightful!
    Mine this week is also from a series, but definitely not a cozy. http://wp.me/pZnGI-fo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this intro. I haven't heard of this author before. This looks fun, so I'd have to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this new-to-me cozy. On the list it goes.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/11/first-chapter-first-paragraph-81-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of dancing for exercise...the only pleasurable form of exercise I can think of! LOL

    Sounds like an intriguing read...thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “FIVE DAYS LEFT”


    ReplyDelete
  8. Good teasers. Sounds like an interesting read. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2014/11/teaser-tuesday-11414.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like so much fun! I'll read this book for sure.
    My Tuesday post features a Navajo mystery by Tony Hillerman: THE BLESSING WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's funny because my eyes immediately started searching for the animal in the cover. I almost missed the cutie in the window. :-)

    This does sound good. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd definitely keep reading!! I love that cover and the book sounds like one I'd love, so I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd read on, and I wanna see these Youtube videos. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember this part. I'm almost finished reading it. Looking forward to your review.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/04/teaser-tuesdays-88-real-elves-an-emily-castle-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
  15. well I'm certainly captivated by that title! Have a nice week. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hah, sounds like these ladies are in for some interesting times. I like that its tap dancing that they decided to take up. Fun pick!!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.