Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What An Animal Reading Challenge VIII 2015



Welcome to the 2015 What an Animal Reading Challenge VIII.  I began hosting this challenge in 2010, when I took it over from Kristi at Passion for the Page.  I love reading books that feature animals and am going to host this one again.  So, this is my sixth year of hosting it.  I hope you will join me.



The challenge will begin on January 1st. Read on for more details...

The rules are really simple...

1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:


a. there is an animal in the title of the book

b. there is an animal on the cover of the book

c. an animal plays a major role in the book

d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like).

Level 1 - Read at least 6 books

Level 2 - Read 7-12

Level 3 - Read 13 or more

2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...


3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books. 


4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.

5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.


6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).


7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.


8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
 If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.

9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)

I'm going for Level 2 and will list my books here...

1.  A Killer Retreat by Tracy Weber (Click here for review.)

2.  Borrowed Crime by Laurie Cass (Click here to read my review.)

3.  Cat Man Deux by Maureen Murphy Williams (Click here to read my review.)

4.  Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M.C. Beaton (Click here to read my review.)

5.  Buy A Whisker by Sofie Ryan (Click here to read my review.)

6.  Romeow and Julie by Kathi Daley (Click here to read my review.)

7.  Bite the Biscuit by Linda O. Johnston (Click here to read my review.)

8.  Fat Cat Spreads Out by Janet Cantrell (Click here to read my review.)

9.  Code Grey by Clea Simon (Click here to read my review.)

10.  Black Cat Crossing by Kay Finch (Click here to read my review.)

11.  Faux Paw by Sofie Kelly (Click here to read my review.)

12.  Words With Fiends by Ali Brandon (Click here to read my review.)

If you'd like to sign up, please use Mr. Linky below. Please link directly to your post about the challenge and not to your main blog page.

There will be one linky to sign up, one linky for completed reviews and one linky for completed challenge wrap up posts.  For now, just the sign up linky is below.



Link up your reviews with the linky below. Please use this format:

Line 1: Title of book (Your name/blog)
Line 2: Direct link to your review



After you complete your challenge, you can link your wrap up posts on the linky below. Please be sure to use the url to your wrap up post or to a list of the books you read to complete this challenge.


25 comments:

  1. This is a cute idea for a reading challenge, Yvonne! I will keep your challenge in mind for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you be doing this on Goodreads, also. I seemed to stop blogging due to knee surgery and husband's illness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this challenge idea; thanks for hosting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back for another round! Thanks for hosting again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely. As long as it's a book in any format, you can do a re-read.

      Delete
  6. I'll be back. This was my first year doing it and it's a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yvonne, I added the wrong link can you change it when you get time to http://romancingcatsinthekitchen.blogspot.com/
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurielu,

      I will delete your link, but the link you sign up with should go back to your actual post about the challenge and not your homepage. So, when you are ready to link up your post, you can just go ahead and do so on the linky above. We're happy to have you join us!

      Delete
  8. Not sure which level I want, 2 or 3, but I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in for level 1. I don't blog, but I have a GoodReads account.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Signing up for level 1 and hopefully will build up from there. I looooove animals!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I signed up for level 2 again, but if I count all the Joanne Fluke books with Moishe I made it to level 3 this year lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Signed up for level 3! How do you feel about books started in 2014, but finished in 2015?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but books have to be read between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015. Can't be started before or finished after.

      Delete
  13. Finally got my sign up post ready. Thank you for hosting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this idea and will definitely join! I have a book recommendation for the rest of you too! My book, Bark and Lunge, is a memoir about raising a German shepherd and it's going to be free on Kindle Feb. 1-3.

    Thanks for hosting, and I'll link to the Linky as soon as I get my post up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Caught up on my challenges today and realized I completed this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completed my challenge after linking my 6th review, Stepdog by Nicole Galland! I went for level 1!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm done now! Got 13 books. Can't wait for next year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read my goal that I planned on. BUT this year, I am going to make myself post as soon as I read. No more of this adding stuff at the last minute. I enjoy this challenge.Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.