Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - November 25th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




"911? I need to report a murder," I said, clutching my cell phone in my left hand as I steadied the warm pizza box in my right. I should have put the pizza on the porch before I called the police. Instead, I was holding on to it as though it were the last life preserver on the Titanic. At least the heat radiating from the box felt good. We were two weeks past New Year's, and though only dustings of snow had found their way to our part of the North Carolina mountains this winter so far, I knew it wouldn't be long before it would make its first full-blown appearance.

My voice was calmer than I expected it to be as I spoke; I was startled to discover that I didn't really know how I would react to finding a body until it happened to me.

17 comments:

  1. Ooooh good one. Plus I love culinary cozies. My teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my cosy radar. Sounds deliciously fun:)
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/25/teaser-tuesdays-89-rehab-is-for-witches/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza box as life preserver...what fun! Love that image. This one sounds good, and thanks for sharing.

    Here is mine: “THE NIGHTINGALE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked this one up at the UBS -- hope you are enjoying it! Mine: Think Twice

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fun cozy. I like the North Carolina setting (and pizza sounds good too!)
    My Tuesday post features RAINSHADOW ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a terrific "culinary cozy"! I like this opening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great opening. I was hoping we'd find out why 911 was called! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun book. Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2014/11/teaser-tuesday-nov-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser, sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great opening. You never know how tough you are till things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could never imagine putting a pizza down, in whatever situation, although murder would be a good one! But I do agree with the narrator that you don't know how you'll respond until you're in the situation! After that cover I'm really craving some midnight pizza! Sorry for being so late with commenting today! Thanks for sharing :) have a great week!
    My Tuesday Post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the "last life preserver on the Titanic." That's desperation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good! I love that last line about her reaction. Look forward to seeing your full review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds good! I might read it for Foodies Read! Love the cover too, pizza is my favorite food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.