Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - February 10th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm just started reading...




First chapter...

I must say the five of us were a good-looking group in our silky summer dresses and strappy high heels, earrings swinging, as we strolled toward the coach that would take us to the restaurant for the first dinner on our tour of northern Spain. We climbed aboard and said hello to the other passengers from our luxury train. We couldn't wait to see everything, do everything, experience everything in this amazing country. We took seats in two available rows and craned our necks, looking out the windows at the bustling street in front of the station.

Just as the door closed and the driver gunned the engine into life, there was a loud commotion. We heard a familiar voice demanding that the bus wait for him. I looked out and saw a large, sweaty man waving his arms and shouting.


Teaser...

"He's obnoxious."

"I could kill him," I said. "He's spoiling the whole experience."


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

17 comments:

  1. I love a good cozy and this sounds like it has potential. I like the Spain setting too. My teaser & giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful attractive cover and it sounds a good enjoyable mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might help with my current reading slump - sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cozies. Such a fun and cute cover and I think that tease is going to lead into something more than she anticipated. Yes, I would continue reading.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun read. Will have to look for it.

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-93.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spotted this somewhere recently and knew I'd love to read it. Yeah; another fun cozy:)
    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/10/teaser-tuesdays-101-night-carnival/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, don't you just hate people like that. I read a lot of cozies and this sounds like fun.

    Mine this week is a classic: The Crime of Sylvestre Bonnard by Anatole France at http://wp.me/pZnGI-j6

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yes, you had me at Flamenco and Flan...and the setting sounds delicious. Not that large, sweaty man, though...wonder who he is!

    Thanks for sharing...and I want to know more. Here's mine: “ONE PLUS ONE”



    ReplyDelete
  9. Strappy high heels are something I could never wear, but I like the image they create.

    I like the intro, Yvonne. Makes me want to visit Spain on a luxury train.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds cute and any book that involves good shoes is definitely interesting! I've got so many cozies going I may want to see your review but I'm definitely intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right off - I love the setting. The little glimpse into the story sounds good too. Yes, I'd keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great cozy.

    My teaser this week is from a mid-grade/young adult historical fiction set in Biblical times: http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-lamp-of-darkness/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheerful cover , nice teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2015/02/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little bit of a tongue twister title! ;-)
    Both the beginning and the teaser make the book interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a good one! I enjoyed the first book in the series.

    My Teaser Tuesday post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.