Sunday, February 15, 2015

Review: The Case of the Killer Divorce by Barbara Venkataraman (A Jamie Quinn Mystery #2)


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Barbara Markley

Release Date:
December 2013







Jamie Quinn is slowly getting back to her field of family law. She has a new case involving a divorce which quickly turns to murder. Jamie’s client, Becca, is the prime suspect in her husband’s death. Their divorce and custody battle wasn’t exactly amicable, so she’s the first person the police turn to for answers.

Although Jamie isn’t a criminal attorney, she uses everything in her means to help her client, including hiring the services of private investigator, Duke Broussard.

On a side note, Jamie’s mother died not long ago. She left some interesting information regarding Jamie’s father, a man she never knew anything about. Jamie is determined to find him, but at the same time, she doesn’t want to destroy his current home life situation - whatever that might be.

I listened to this on my commute to work – it only took two days to listen to it and I miss it already. It’s very easy listening. The narrator, Carrie Lee Martz, has such a nice voice to listen to. She makes me feel like I’m conversing with a friend instead of listening to an audio book.

Although sometimes longer books are nice, it’s a pleasant change when the story is shorter. The resolution is quickly wrapped up with not too many shocks along the way. It’s not a complex story, but it’s enjoyable and makes for a nice change from the longer, more tense stories.

I’m looking forward to reading more Jamie Quinn stories. I feel like she’s someone I already know and not just a character in a book. This book touched me and brought a few tears to my eyes. When a book touches me like that, I don’t want to leave it. I will definitely be looking for more in this series.





FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this book pop up more and more recently on fellow blogger's sites. Not something I'd probably take a liking to, but it's nice to see a blogger enjoy a book and I loved the review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.