Monday, February 23, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - February 24th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I just started reading...




First chapter...

Some people are practically born knowing what they want to do with their lives. People like my older brother, who had his life plan scrawled out on a piece of paper by age seven, are the kind of folks who move from one goal to another, ticking things off their lists and achieving Big Things.



Teaser...

Cats, I told myself, cannot foretell the future. This is going to be fine.



What do you think? Would you keep reading/

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I often wonder what it's like to have a life list or plan like that....sounds like a good book. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teases. Sounds like there is going to be something happening and it won't be good. I can relate to lists. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both the beginning and the teaser. This series is on my wishlist and I can't wait to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good intro and teaser. I'll have to check this series out.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-95.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely keep reading...this sounds like one I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I would like to know more about her brother. What kind of career did he choose?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know people like that... great opening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure that is exactly how my youngest feels about her sister who has had her life mapped out since 10th grade. I'm not so sure about the cats though...Thanks for sharing! Here is my TT: http://www.readinggrrl.com/2015/02/teaser-tuesday_24.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the opening and especially the teaser. I think some might think that about me, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yet another cozy series to add to my wish list! Oh my! How will I ever get them all read!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the beginning. Unfortunately, I was not one of those lucky ones who knew what they wanted. I still don't. LOL
    And I think she should heed the cats!

    Looks like a fun cozy.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/24/teaser-tuesdays-103-vostok-by-steve-alten/

    ReplyDelete
  13. An interesting teaser, I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I was an achiever... lol.... Sounds like a fun cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very cute cover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A life plan by 7 is pretty amazing. Intriguing beginning,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked that opening (I wasn't like that though) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear, I bet the cats can do just that! I like the intro.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that cover is gorgeous, and I would want to read on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.