Friday, February 6, 2015

Review: Death by Didgeridoo by Barbara Venkataraman


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Barbara Markley

Release Date:
April 2014






Jamie Quinn is still recovering from the death of her mother when her cousin Adam lands himself in serious trouble. Jamie’s aunt begs for her help in defending the murder charges Adam finds himself charged with – the death of his good friend and a former rock star. Jamie is not happy about this as she’s a family attorney, not a criminal one. However, she can’t let her cousin languish in jail for a crime she knows he didn’t commit.

Adam suffers from Asperger’s syndrome. In his anxiety at seeing his good friend dead, he blurts out that he is responsible. Adam is immediately arrested and now it’s up to Jamie to find the real killer. With the help of a private investigator and her close friend, Jamie tries to untangle the mess before her cousin’s life is totally destroyed.

I listened to this one on audio, although I do have the e-book as well. It’s a short book. I was able to finish listening in only two days. The mystery took a few twists and turns along the way and was very enjoyable to listen to.

I adored the main character. She had many realistic characteristics and her devotion to her family is admirable. She’s a strong character and I’m looking forward to reading more stories featuring her as the protagonist. I do wish it were longer. It left me wanting more, but that’s not a bad thing.



For reading challenges:
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2015

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


4 comments:

  1. I was fascinated by the title and cover. Have listened to this instrument and the sound produced by it is so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the premise and I love that you really connected with the main character. That's always important to me. I'll have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting book. I've read a few audio reviews for this one. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne, I stopped by to read your review after having posted my book giveaway. It sounds like you really enjoyed this cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.