Friday, June 30, 2017

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


I just started reading...


Beginnings...

Emma
Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My computer is winking at me knowingly when I sit down at my desk. I touch the keyboard, and a photo of Paul appears on my screen. It's the one I took of him in Rome on our honeymoon, eyes full of love across a table in the Campo dei Fiori. I try to smile back at him but as I lean in, I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the screen and stop. I hate seeing myself without warning. Don't recognize myself sometimes. You think you know what you look like and there is this stranger looking at you. It can frighten me.

Friday 56...

From 56% on my Kindle...

It was the first time in twenty years it had been mentioned in the family - Nick had told Angela to stop upsetting the children with it and she'd complied.

11 comments:

  1. A book I failed to find! sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what the IT is. Can't go wrong with a Lee Child book.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Misread that. NEED more coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is waiting for me at the library. Her previous book, The Widow, is good too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Child sounds good from the little bit I just read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I've been wanting to read this one for ages! Now I finally have it...and can't wait to start. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “ANY DAY NOW”

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so good! Definitely on my TBR! Can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love his books. Got this one marked on my list!

    My 56 from Behold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds both strange and intriguing! Adding it to my list. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that beginning! Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like the protagonist is going through a lot... sounds like good reading. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.