Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Review: Clipper Beach by Roma Brooks


Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Roma Brooks

Release Date:
August 6, 2016






Synopsis from Goodreads:

Sandhya, a haughty Wall Street executive, faces a tough decision that will affect her life. She arrives at the Rising Tides Inn for a brief vacation. James is a handsome, enigmatic guest at the inn whose unpredictable behavior puts Sandhya on edge. Both are imprisoned by what happened in their past, and are drawn to each other inspite of a mutual hesitation to get involved.

Pete and Zadie Strathmore are proud owners of the luxurious Rising Tides Inn. Their hospitality extends beyond catering to their guests’ physical comforts. They go the extra mile to pamper their souls.

Welcome to Cape Harriet, where you can slow down and breathe in the salty breeze, and smell the roses.

My Review

Sandhya is a no nonsense wealthy business woman. The last thing she ever thinks about is taking a vacation, but when she has a chance to visit Cape Harriet in Virginia, she finally takes one. It gives her a chance to think over some personal things and perhaps make some decisions in her life.

She checks into the cozy Rising Tides Inn and is immediately swept into the relaxing and pleasant atmosphere. The inn’s owners, Pete and Zadie, are warm, caring people. They certainly know about providing customer service. Their hospitality sees to all Sandhya’s needs.

The one thing she doesn’t need is a man, but a fellow inn guest grabs her attention as soon as she sees him. James is handsome and a genuinely nice person. However, his surprising explosive behavior takes her aback. She learns that, like her, he is bothered by demons in his past.

This is a novella that transported me right to Cape Harriet and the Rising Tides Inn. The author made me feel as if I were really there. It took me some time to warm up to Sandhya, but I fell in love with James immediately. Since this isn’t a full length book, many things couldn’t be explored in depth. There’s so much more I wanted to learn about these characters. The story ended quickly. It wrapped things up, but at the same time, I still had unanswered questions.

This is the first book in the series, so perhaps we learn more in the next book. It’s a quick read that can be finished in a couple of hours. I’m definitely hooked on this series and plan to read the rest of the books.




Disclosure: I bought this as a freebie for my Kindle. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. I do love getting hooked on a series

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good that I went and checked the series out before commenting. I just downloaded it and hope I get hooked on the series too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.