Thursday, June 15, 2017

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday for the first time. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


This week I'm reading...




Beginnings...

Antonia Bingham sat in the library of her inn and stared in disbelief at the woman across from her. Their conversation was so absurd that Antonia caught herself checking for hidden cameras or, at the very least, a group of friends pop out from behind the sofa shouting "April Fools!"


Friday 56...

From 56% on my Kindle...

"Don't worry; if you're concerned about telling me anything that might be compromising to Pauline, I have her full cooperation on this. She wants very much to solve Susie's murder."


14 comments:

  1. Definitely a yay from me on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great. Thanks for sharing. Those are great quotes. The Lost Life of Eva Braun by Angela Lambert is what I'm reading at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this one. Plus, the cover is pretty cool. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoy this book. I have a historical mystery with ghosts from my TBR mountain this week - Delia's Shadow by Jaime Lynn Moyer. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know what is said in that absurd conversation. Sounds captivating. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “YOU’LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to wonder what asinine conversation she overheard... lol.. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering what that conversation is about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asinine is such a great word. I'm curious now. Happy reading!

    -eli @ the (book) supplier
    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds intriguing...what was that conversation?! Have a great weekend!
    Here's my Friday Post Inspiration Pie
    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of a "Hamptons Murder Mystery"! And those are both good teasers.

    thanks for joining us on BBOF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The opening definitely piqued my curiosity. I wonder what they are talking about! I hope this is a good one. Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL Been in a conversation like that before. I think I'd enjoy this book.

    My Friday 56 from The Nutting Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd definitely keep reading! I want to hear more about that conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the sound of that beginning - makes me want to know more. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.