Friday, July 7, 2017

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


I just started reading...


The beginning really doesn't show how good this book is.

Beginnings...

Prologue

Present

Jillian York adjusted her sunglasses and dashed off her signature with a flourish before handing the tablet back to the cabana boy. She smiled slow and sultry in an attempt to recapture the feeling of stepping off the red carpet to a horde of autograph-seeking fans, scribbling her signature before she was whisked off to someplace famous by someone rich and handsome.


Friday 56...

From page 56 on my Kindle... (This particular book has both page numbers and percentages. I figured I would go with page number this time.)

Fae's blood ran cold. It was times like this when Leo said things that made Fae really worried about both their sanities.

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely book. I think the cover is beautiful.Today I'm reading Difficult Women by Roxanne Gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this book has "beach read" written all over it. Someone was asking me what a beach read book was the other day and I didn't think to say, if it has a beach on the cover. Ha! My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing 56!!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this one, and the cover. The perfect summer read and I hope you like it.

    My Friday 56 from Fifteen Inches Tall And Bullet Proof

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing this book. I have one on my stacks from this author that I need to read soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this sounds like a great, summer book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.