Friday, July 28, 2017

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.



I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.



I will soon start reading...



Beginnings...

The beach house sat perched on a dune overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Small and yellow, it blended in with the waves of sweetgrass and sea oats and the delicate yellow primroses for which the cottage was named. For eighty- five years it had endured the fury of hurricanes, the rush of tidal surges, and the ravages of the salt-tinged air. It had withstood the test of time.

The beach house was a survivor.


Friday 56...

"I still can't believe no one's ever taken you fishing," he marveled. "How could a person reach twenty-six years of age and not know how to fish?"

9 comments:

  1. I love he beach. I miss it every day. The house I worked and lived in had been there a long time as well. I would love for you and your readers to check out mine . . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsTTTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good. I haven't been fishing since I was a child and I'm okay with that. This week I have an urban fantasy novel - Blood Gamble by Melissa F. Olson. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that line, 'the beach house was a survivor'. FAB!!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book! I hope you enjoy it! I felt like I was on the beach with them.

    Here's mine: “EMMA IN THE NIGHT”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this book! I love the beginning and the 56 though I'm with the person who doesn't know how to fish! I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so perfect for a summer read. Love that cover. Our family all learned to fish at a young age. I still enjoy it.

    My Friday 56 from Refuge For Masterminds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the right time of year to try this out! :)

    Happy reading!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.