Friday, March 17, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - March 17th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I hope to read this one soon.  I used to love going to Atlantic City.








First Chapter

Delilah

Delilah smacked her phone when it buzzed, insistent on five more minutes of sleep.  She'd just pulled a twelve-hour shift the day before as an ER Nurse at the hospital, and the thought of another shift made her bones ache.

From 56% on my e-reader...

Delilah spent the next few hours attempting to keep her mother in line.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Burned out and longing for adventure, when ER nurse Delilah Miller is faced with leaving the bustling streets of New York to care for her stubborn and overbearing mother, she almost overlooks their massive differences. And after her mother makes a surprising offer to move into a run-down bed & breakfast in Atlanta City, Delilah relishes the idea of reconnecting with her childhood city.

But the dilapidated B&B is in desperate need of repairs. With her mother insisting on hiring the scruffy – yet strangely charming – local handyman Trevor, Delilah finds herself caught up in a wild family feud when her grandmother and estranged daughter both show up on her doorstep.

With four generations of Miller women stuck under one roof, tensions run wild and long-buried arguments unfold that will culminate in life-changing revelations, plenty of tears, and a valuable lesson on the importance of family.

Can Delilah make peace with her warring family and reconnect with her loved ones? And will the romantic undercurrent between her and handyman Trevor grow into the passion she’s always been searching for?

Artfully written as a delightful feel-good read that will capture your imagination, the Atlantic City Series is an unforgettable women’s fiction series with a dash of mystery and plenty of heartwarming clean romance. Scroll up and grab your copy now...


What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. I'm feeling like that right now, and I'm not working 12 hours shifts as a nurse. I completely get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. Happy St. Patrick's Day 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting 56... so interesting! Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun - hope you enjoy.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cover and it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the teasers and the premise absolutely hooked me. This looks like a good read!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.