Saturday, April 8, 2023

The Weekend Review - April 8th-10th





The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host!  It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm also linking to  Stacking The Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.

Hi Everyone!  

April isn't off to a very good start.  I didn't even finish one book this week.  Oh well, hopefully next week will be better.

I've been doing a good job of not requesting any new NetGalley or Edelweiss books.  I'm concentrating on catching up with the ones I already have and there are plenty of them.  I'm trying to be more on my own schedule for reading instead of deadlines.  It's a bit more relaxing that way.

Whatever you are celebrating this week...Easter, Passover...I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

Have a great week!





I'm currently reading...







I finished reading ...





I'm planning to read these in April, but we all know how reading plans can change quickly.  Some of these have been on my list before...






Here are this week's Kindle freebie haul. They were freebies when I got them, I don't know if they still are. Always make sure to check they are still free before buying. The prices change quickly.  




22 comments:

  1. There's a New Witch in Town looks really interesting. I hope you enjoy your new books, and good job not requesting books on Netgalley and Edelweiss. I admire your restraint.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    My STS if you care to visit - https://justanothergirlandherbooks.blogspot.com/2023/04/stacking-shelves-8-april-2023.html

    ReplyDelete

  2. what did you think of the Sutanto mystery? I liked it - unusual characters and plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! It's one of my favorites of the year, so far.

      Delete
  3. I haven't requested any new Netgalley books since the first of the year - same goal as yours, read what I have and try to be timely but not beat myself up if I'm late. I want to work through them so I can return to reading books from my own huge TBR list.....all those backlist titles are calling to me. Soulmate is on my radar for this month too. Have a terrific week.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-44

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! I'm reading more for me too and less on a schedule- I read less books but it's more relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some weeks are just like that, I think. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the cat cozies you have lined up! No worries about not finishing a book - unless you're on a deadline. ;) Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all have weeks like that. Admittedly I rarely write a Sunday post if I didn't finish a book that week, just to compound the problem ;)
    Charlotte Burt's Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I upped my goal for this year on Goodreads to 250, but this morning I decided to drop it down to my usual goal. Why stress, I thought.

    I've got Vera Wong on the way to me and I hope I get to read it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with reading the books you already have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate reading on a schedule and accept ver y few books for tours or review. I hardly have time to make a dent in the bookshelf full on unread books as it is :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some interesting books coming up! Hope you get to a bunch of them and your week goes better reading wise than the last one! :)

    Have a great week and happy reading!
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went on a Netgalley binge last month which I’m now regretting a little. I need to stay away until I get caught up on reviews!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there Yvonne!

    I'm just trying to get through all my current reviews and then I'll decide if I want to take on any more ARC's.

    I'm sure this week will be better for you with reading!

    Have a lovely week ahead!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's challenging not to request new books. So many on your list caught my eye this week, like The Love Wager and The Seaside Library. Hope you have a nice week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2023/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reading at our own pace rather than to deadline is certainly more satisfying I think. I have really cut down my requests for review books too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to pick up on my NetGalley reading too! I'm so behind on that.

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    And my Sunday Watch for movie and TV fans!

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to read Sally Hepworth. I have several of her books on my Kindle.

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know what you mean about deadlines. I am currently trying to get ahead on my NetGalley reads since I let my cushion almost evaporate. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm trying to limit my NetGalley books though some weeks are better than others! I've heard great things about the Sally Hepworth and I enjoyed Six Sweets Under. I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope this week has been better for you!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.