Friday, April 14, 2023

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - April 14th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I just started reading this one.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.








First Chapter

Mariners Island seemed like an empty movie set - cheerful and pristine but merely a facade -- until the season hit. Then it was as if a director had screamed "Action!" and a flood of tourists rushed in with the tide.

From 56% on my e-reader...

The excitement in his voice caused her to tighten her grip on the phone.  Was this potentially good news?


Synopsis from Goodreads:

There are secrets that bring friends together, and others that drive them apart…

Mariners Island is barely ten miles long, but when Ivy, Ariana and Cam were teenagers, it was their whole world. Beyond the pristine beaches and iconic lighthouse lies the beautiful old library that belongs to Ivy’s family. While that bound Ivy to the island as an adult, Ariana could not leave Mariners behind fast enough. The town holds too many… memories . Not only her unrequited feelings for Cam, but the tragedy that left a scar on the community.

When a young girl went missing, a teenage Cam was unthinkably the prime suspect. Ariana and Ivy knew he couldn’t have hurt anyone, and they promised to protect him—even if it meant lying on his behalf.

Now, twenty years later, Ariana returns to Mariners just as new evidence emerges on the case, calling into question everything the three friends thought they knew—and everyone they thought they could trust. What really happened that night? Over the course of one eventful summer, Ariana, Ivy and Cam will learn the truth—about their pasts, their futures and the ties that still bind them as closely as the pages of a book…


What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



8 comments:

  1. The quote made me wonder how do people who live on the island year round survive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that description in the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like stories set on an island and I do like stories that involve a library...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover. I hope it's a great read. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds like a great book! It's enough to pull me in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one on my TBR. It looks like a great read and I love the teasers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.