Saturday, October 2, 2010

Margarita Nights by Phyllis Smallman



Genre: Cozy mystery
Format: EBook

The first book in the Sherri Travis mystery series is off to an explosive start when Jimmy Travis is blown up on his boat. The police are convinced this was no accident and their number one suspect is his estranged wife, Sherri. It is well known that Jimmy cheated on her and now the police are sure she finally got her revenge by murdering him.

Sherri’s life is far from perfect but she is content bartending at a local bar and not missing Jimmy in her life at all but nobody seems to believe her. Now, faced with a possible murder charge, Sherri decides to do a bit of detective work on her own. It doesn’t take long for her to discover that there is more to Jimmy’s death than she ever thought possible. She has a tough job ahead of her since the police aren’t paying any attention to what she says and seem more determined than ever to cart her off to jail for life.

Phyllis Smallman is off to a great start with this series. The characters are quirky and the heroine is tough and very likeable. The storytelling is fast-paced and the mystery kept readers guessing until the end.

The next three books in the series have such fun names – “Sex in a Sidecar”, “A Brewski for the Old Man”, and “Champagne for Buzzards”. Too funny. I’m looking forward to reading them. I love discovering “new-to-me” authors.

3 comments:

  1. I love a good cozy mystery! I am adding this one to my wish list....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, there is suddenly a lot of cozy mysteries showing up at my library, and books I know from your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.