Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: Ceremony in Death by J.D. Robb






Genre:
Suspense

Format:
Audio (Also available as ebook, hardcover, and paperback)

Publisher:
Berkley

Release Date:
May 1997



Synopsis from Goodreads:

Conducting a top secret investigation into the death of a fellow police officer has Lieutenant Eve Dallas treading on dangerous ground. She must put professional ethics before personal loyalties. But when a dead body is placed outside her home, Eve takes the warning personally. With her husband, Roarke, watching her every move, Eve is drawn into the most dangerous case of her career. Every step she takes makes her question her own sense of right and wrong - and brings her closer to a confrontation with humanity's most seductive form of evil.

My thoughts...

I haven't read this series in a few years. I stopped, not for any negative reason about the book, but because I just have too many books (I'm sure you can all understand where I'm coming from with that- LOL). Recently I realized I could catch up with it by listening to the audio in the car. I'm glad I did. I really enjoyed it and I fell right back into the series even though I haven't read it in a long time. This is the 6th book and there are 45 of them! The 45th (Calculated in Death) is scheduled to be released at the end of this month. Even listening to them on audio, I won't be up to #45 for awhile :)

Anyway, I loved meeting up with Eve and her hot hubby Roarke. I love how protective he is over her, even though she can take care of herself (and him for that matter). I'm definitely looking forward to read more from this series.



For Reading Challenges:

Library Reading Challenge 2013
A to Z Reading Challenge 2013
What's in a Name Reading Challenge 2013

5 comments:

  1. 45 books. Wow! I read one called Naked in Death a while ago. Glad you enjoyed this series again after so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy sigh. I love this series Yvonne! Roarke and Eve are my favorite couple and really keep getting better. I'm up to book 34 and have taken a break for a while kinda like you did. Other books just got in the way but goodness it's really a great series. Now I'm wanting to jump in and read the next one! Oh and a *little* good news for ya. Only 36 books in the series so far. LOL You can SO do that!

    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about 3 or 4 books behind; I can't imagine trying to catch up to almost 40! Still, it's worth it, excellent series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read about 1/2 of this series and need to catch up. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.