Monday, February 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays - February 19th




If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...








"The cards predict a very long week ahead of us, Morty," I said as I laid out my fortune-telling supplies on a table inside the gazebo in Mini Central Park.

My big, white, beautiful, arrogant cat scowled and gave me a look - as much as a feline can give a look - that said, Duh? Ya think?

16 comments:

  1. LOL Sounds just like a cat.

    mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2013/02/18/teaser-tuesday-the-road-3/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats don't need tarot cards...they just KNOW things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of adjectives to describe that cat! Sounds like a cute book.
    My Teaser is from TEN TINY BREATHS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to read this, and am supposed to tour it March 5th, but it hasn't arrived to my house yet. :-( Guess I should write somebody tomorrow and see to its' whereabouts......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yvonne,

    I know exactly how she feels, after the day I had yesterday, it is definitely going to be a very long week for me!! and I didn't need anyone with a set of tarot cards to tell me that!

    This is probably not a book I would read and I notice that it is part of a series, which is even worse, as presumably I would need to read the other two books in sequence first?

    Sounds like a fun read and I hope that you enjoy it,

    Yvonne


    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love cozies ... this looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this one is going on my list! I love big white cats...and Tarot cards! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cats like that - how they just look at you and you know exactly what they are thinking! Love it!
    http://sarahelizabethsbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/today-i-am-reading-defying-mars-saving.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a unique mystery. Love the cover. The cat is too cute. Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vanity license plates were lined like a periodic chart, jumbled alphabet that required at least six shots of espresso to decipher. One section of the shop was devoted to an array of cloth wrapped around long, slender spools, along with a table for measuring and cutting fabric.
    Nicholson, Scott (2010-09-14). October Girls (An urban fantasy / paranormal romance) End of first paragraph Chapter3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have both this and the second book in Mount TBR. I'm also teasing a cozy this week: Who Do, Voodoo?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a purrfert cozie read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute teaser and cover. My kitties always chewed up all playing cards -- never tested them on Tarot. Hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.