Monday, January 6, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - January 7th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...



Sherry Harper blew into Trendy Tails like a late-summer tornado.

"It's just plain wrong, Izzy."

She'd march up the steps of 801 Maple Avenue like Joan of Arc charging the English, righteous fire in her eyes...and a baby sling strung across her chest. As she shifted her weight to better stare me down, her guinea pig, Gandhi, poked his quivering nose out of the sling to get a look around. Like all guinea pigs, he had a perpetually startled expression on his face, an effect heightened by the forward tilt of his auburn ears and the ring of pale blond fur around his button eyes.

Little guy would be adorable in one of my hand-knit sweaters. A-dorable.

"Animals aren't meant to wear clothes," Sherry continued, "It isn't natural."


Would you continue reading?

15 comments:

  1. I agree about the clothes anyway but this is a tropical country. I think animals need all the protection they can get in snowy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun - Yvonne...keep reading. Thanks for joining us in 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would keep reading. I need to know more about a lady who carries her guinea pig in a baby sling! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO into cozies right now! I would love to pick it up!

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun cozy. Enjoy! Here's my Tuesday Intro:
    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/01/first-chapter-first-paragraph-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely keep reading. I need to read more cozies. This week my teasers are from Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill and Grave Dance by Kalayna Price. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, so agree on the clothes thing. Great teaser! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one would make me smile, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL This sounds like my kind of cozy! Good one.

    I'm playing today here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure about this one--I'll wait to see what others think of it before adding it to my list. My teaser: The Hound of the Baskervilles

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover puts me off on this one. Hope you like it. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not sure about this one... but about the clothes....I like clothes in the winter for my short haired dog. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! I would definitely keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like books that make me chuckle. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.