Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - January 21st


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...


When I was a little girl, I dreamed of growing up to the president. Failing that, an astronaut or a ballerina.

My presidential aspirations were quashed when I found that the president did not, in fact, get to do whatever he (or she) wanted. The astronaut idea faded when my mother told me that even people in space suits could get motion sickness, and my ballerina phase lasted only until I actually took a class and discovered that I had no aptitude whatsoever. Even at six, I knew what the ballet teacher's headshaking meant.

With those career paths closed off, I went to my alternative tier of professional choices, determined in large part because I'd had the great good fortune to grow up within walking distance of a public library. By the time I'd turned ten, I knew that I would be one of three things: a librarian in a big city, a librarian in a large town, or a librarian in a small town.



What do you think? Would you continue?

18 comments:

  1. Lol I love the beginning of this book. Sounds so much like me! I'm adding this to my list :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds tempting...great opener. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't all of us love to be librarians? Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this opening...and books with librarians as characters! My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/01/first-chapter-first-paragraph-46.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great opening. I will search this one out. Any book with a bookmobile on the cover can't be bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great opening that makes me want to get to know this character better. Sounds like a fun story.
    My Teaser is from REFLECTIONS OF MAMIE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds good to me. I am into cozy mysteries nowadays...

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would keep reading! Sometimes I wish I had decided to go the route of library science instead of social work. Love the cover--a cat and books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute start for a book. Have a lovely Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a fun read. I'd read on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like my kind of cozy mystery! Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, sounds like my kind of cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds lovely! And what an adorable cover, too. Librarian was always my dream job - I almost made it, but not quite.

    Here's my teaser from Ten Lords A-Leaping

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd read more. Terrific opening which tells me this is my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yvonne...such a cute cover and I love that intro too -- sounds like a fun read--enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.