Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review: Tempting Fate by Jane Green


Genre:
Women’s Fiction

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
St. Martin’s Press

Release Date:
March 2014









The Cartwrights have the perfect family. Elliot and Gabby are in their mid-40’s with two beautiful teenage girls. He is a successful doctor and she’s making success of refinishing furniture. They have it all, until Gabby is out with her friends one night and begins an innocent flirtation with a younger man that changes everyone’s life forever.

When Gabby meets Matt, he makes her feel alive and beautiful. It’s all very innocent and a one time thing, but then they start exchanging suggestive texts every day. It leads to one steamy night of sex…again, just one time. One time is all it takes to destroy all of their lives.

I didn’t always like Gabby or her decisions. There were times I thought she was looking to blame others for her own choices. My heart broke for her husband. Elliot is a sweetheart, although he made a couple of questionable decisions himself. These are two real people who might not always do the right thing but readers will want them to get their happily-ever-after ending.

This is an emotional read and a realistic story dealing with topics such as mid-life crisis, teenage bullying, infidelity, betrayal, cyber-flirting and starting over. It’s told in a fast-paced way that makes 350 pages just fly by. Another great read by Jane Green.






For reading challenges:
2014 ARC Reading Challenge
2014 E-Book Reading Challenge
2014 NetGalley Reading Challenge

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

Author Bio



Jane Green's fifteenth novel, Tempting Fate, is soon to be released; she is the author of fourteen previous New York Times Bestselling novels. Initially known for writing about single thirty-somethings, she has gone on to write mature stories about real women dealing with all the things life throws at them, with her trademark wisdom, wit and warmth.

A former feature writer for the Daily Express in the UK, Green took a leap in faith when she left, in 1996, to freelance and work on a novel. Seven months later, there was a bidding war for her first book, Straight Talking, the saga of a single career girl looking for the right man. The novel was an immediate top-ten bestseller in England, and Green was an overnight success.

Now in her forties, Green has graduated to more complex, character-driven novels that explore the concerns of real women's lives, from marriage (The Other Woman) to motherhood (Another Piece of My Heart) to divorce, stepchildren, affairs, and most recently, midlife crises (Family Pictures and Tempting Fate).

She joined the ABC News team to write A Modern Fairytale - their first enhanced digital book - about the history of Royal marriages, then joined ABC News Radio as a live correspondent covering Prince William's wedding to Kate Middleton. She has written a micro-series for Dove starring Alicia Keyes, many short stories, and has contributed to various anthologies, as well as regularly appearing on television shows including Good Morning America, The Martha Stewart show, and The Today Show.

Together with writing books and blogs, she contributes to various publications, both online and print, including Huffington Post, The Sunday Times, Cosmopolitan and Self, has taught at writers conferences, and does regular keynote speaking.

A foodie and passionate cook, Green filled one of her books, Promises to Keep, with recipes culled from her own collection. She says she only cooks food that is “incredibly easy, but has to look as if you have slaved over a hot stove for hours.” This is because she has six children, and has realised that “when you have six children, nobody ever invites you anywhere.”

Most weekends see her cooking for a minimum of twenty people in her home in Westport, Connecticut, where she lives with her husband and their blended family. When she is not writing, cooking, gardening, filling her house with friends and herding chickens, she is usually thanking the Lord for caffeine-filled energy drinks.



4 comments:

  1. I have read one of her books and it looks like I should read more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a book I'd like. I'm adding it to my list, along with Promises To Keep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read Jane Green but I have her books on my wishlist. This sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received my e-book, and can't wait to read it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.