Monday, April 7, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - April 8th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...




Elvis was sitting in the middle of my desk when I opened the door to my office. The cat, not the King of Rock and Roll, although the cat had an air of entitlement about him sometimes, as though he thought he was royalty. He had one jet-black paw on top of a small cardboard box - my new business cards, I was hoping.

"How did you get in here?" I asked.

Would you continue reading?

17 comments:

  1. Oh, noooo. Not a new cat series. I have too many series to catch up on to start a new one. *whimper* Mine: The Widow’s Walk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love cozies! And ha! that we both featured cozies this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a cute one! I'd want to know more so I'd read on for awhile.
    Today I'm spotlighting 'Second Star' by Alyssa Scheinmel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds cute! I'd keep reading. My teasers this week are from The Chance by Robyn Carr and House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a good cat cozy series. This one has such a cute cover and I'm already in love with Elvis from reading the first few lines. Consider me sold!

    I'm featuring a cozy series also: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/04/first-chapter-first-paragraph-56.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cozy Mysteries win this week. I love a good cozy and I am almost done with the current one I am reading. Thanks for sharing Sofie's newest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read many cozies but this one sounds fun. enjoy your book. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would continue. It's hard to turn away from a cat and a cozy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun escape, which is why I like cozies. Yes, I'd continue reading.
    My Teaser is from SNOW FENCE ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm intrigued to hear that there is such a thing as a 'cat series' but this sounds like fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun read...thanks for sharing. Here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, this is cute and I can image that cat sitting by the cardboard box.I presume the box was not open otherwise the cat would sit in it :)
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at Elvis. Yes I know he's the cat... lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love a good cozy. Yes, I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I continued reading! This was a great cozy. I loved Elvis!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an intro/teaser!! I would definitely pick it up....

    Here is my intro post from Perla!

    AND

    Here is my teaser post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.