Monday, April 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - April 22nd


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading Mr. Monk Gets on Board, but for some reason my teaser got all messed up this week.  The paragraph I posted earlier wasn't from that book, it's from Portrait of a Dead Guy (which I'm not sure when I'll get to read), but I changed the cover to match the opening...I suddenly feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.  LOL





In a small town, there is a thin gray line between personal freedom and public ruin. Everyone knows your business without even trying. Folks act polite all the while remembering every stupid thing you've done in your life. Not to mention getting tied to all the dumbass stuff your relations - even those dead or gone - have done. We forgive but don't forget.

What do you think? Would you continue?

16 comments:

  1. I've never read any of the "Monk" books, but loved the series, so would probably keep reading this one. Mine: The Lost Symbol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tone... would give this a little more time before deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I prefer watching the series to reading the books.

    My Tuesday intro: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/04/first-chapter-first-paragraph-58.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read one of the Monk books a few months ago, and loved it. This one looks good, too. Thanks for sharing..and here's mine: “THE DEEPEST SECRET”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen the television show, and am always leery of books that are written based on television shows. If you love it, I might be willing to give it a try though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting..

    Here is my teaser post!

    AND

    Here is my Intro post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! This sounds fun…and so true!

    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-shotgun-lovesongs/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds pretty humorous, I'd probably continue. He may be on to something about small towns... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it's funny... read something else. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very true words, nice teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know the book, but fully agree with the sentiment, having grown up in a small town.
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realize that the TV series was based on a series of books. I'll read these.
    My Teaser is from LOVING CHLOE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the style and would keep reading - enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds good, I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Portrait of a Dead Guy sounds good, I like the cover. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.