Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - April 15th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm about to start reading...




The jumbled mount that Bud had dumped out of his pockets sat on the breakfast bar of our vacation condo. I said, lovingly of course, "You need a manbag."

"I think the correct term is a murse," replied Bud, looking endearingly smug.

"Fashion-speak from a retired cop who owns just three jackets?" I gave him a friendly poke.

He grinned. "Now all that dead weight's gone, I'm off to get supplies. I saw a bodega across the road when we arrived, and I need a beer, or three. You'll let me back in, right?" He grabbed a handful of cash as he made for the door, grinning.


What do you think? Would you continue reading?

17 comments:

  1. I definitely would! I love the 'lovingly of course' and the banter going on! I saw this book on a different blog yesterday and already thought it was pretty good, but now I'm convinced! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a good weekend!
    My First Chapter, First Paragraph
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I would definitely go on reading......

    Here is my intro post!

    AND

    What a teaser! Happy reading!!

    Here is my teaser post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the tone here... would keep reading a little longer to see what it's about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of this author's books on other blogs, so I have an idea of her stories. I would keep reading for a few more chapters to see how it evolved. I have gotten more ruthless in my reading habits as I've gotten older: So many books, so little time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These characters sound interesting, and I'd keep reading to see how the story unfolds.

    My Tuesday intro: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/04/first-chapter-first-paragraph-57.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would continue reading simply because I love the title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this one sounds good. Great dialogue! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE BOOKSTORE”

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title alone is enticing, but I would also keep reading after that intro. It sounds like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun read. Not sure what it has to do with the title, so I would have to read on! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I have to remember the word 'murse', I just laughter out loud. (And my auto-correct wants to change it to 'nurse'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This seems like a fun one Yvonne.....I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a fun way to start a cozy. Yes, I'd keep reading. I love that cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting title and witty dialogue. Love it. Now, Yvonne, I'm convinced to join this Tuesday teaser! I'll grab a button and share mine next week.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.