Tuesday, July 7, 2015

First Chapter Tuesdays/Teaser Tuesdays - July 7th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?

http://adailyrhythm.com/

If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading a book by one of my all time favorite authors.  It's been a long time since I read anything by Jill Shalvis and this is a good one so far...



First chapter....

After fighting a brush fire at the base of Cedar Ridge for ten straight hours, Aidan Kincaid had only three things on his mind: sex,pizza, and beer. Given the way the day had gone, he'd gladly take them in any order he could get them.

Not in the cards.



Teaser....

They all knew what this meant. One of them was going to have to follow the half-naked crazy chick out onto the ledge.


What do you think?  Would you keep reading?


20 comments:

  1. The opener had me laughing. I'm not quite sure this book is for me, but sounds like it could be fun.

    My teaser (w/ a giveaway) is at Beth Fish Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what she's doing on the ledge? Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what she's doing on the ledge? Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That opening is pretty funny, but I doubt I'd continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I had to giggle over that intro. Good one, sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why doesn't the order of what he likes surprise me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely keep reading. I love Jill Shalvis's books. My teaser this week is from Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great excerpts! Another author I need to explore. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine, from a new-to-me author: “WATERMELON”

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitely keep reading! I've loved Shalvis's Lucky Harbor series and can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does sound like fun. I haven't read anything by Jill Shalvis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would keep reading! I really enjoyed the two books I've read by this author so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to give Jill Shalvis' books another try. The only one I read was an audio book and I've come to the conclusion that audio books and I are not a good match.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd keep reading, I want to know why she's on the ledge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I love both the chapter teaser! I'm a huge fan of contemporary romance but have yet to read anything by Jill Shalvis. Looks like I'll need to change that soon! My teaser is here: http://bit.ly/1fkO4Ft

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am looking forward to this book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL Funny teaser. And I like firemen. Sounds fun:)

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/07/teaser-tuesdays-121-morrigans-shadow/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like the heroic thing to do, yes!


    mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/teaser-tuesday-stories-of-the-raksura-volume-2/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't read a lot of romances like this but in the right mood I might give it a go. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.